Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Is Fox News' Response Satisfactory?

On August 15th, I wrote to Fox News:

I’m an avid viewer of Fox News, but am upset with your network’s coverage of Ron Paul’s candidacy for President.  My views of limited government and sound money are quite nested with historic American viewpoints going back to Jefferson.  I feel this viewpoint deserves equal airtime.  Please consider reporting Ron Paul’s success in a more fair and balanced way.  Thank you.
Jake Duesenberg
This morning I received a response:
I said he had a strong finish in Iowa..  and will be a factor going forward.
Congressman Paul will also be in our coverage tonight.
Thanks for watching and thanks for the email.
Bret Baier
Anchor, “Special Report with Bret Baier”
Fox News Channel

Did Fox News do a good job addressing my concerns on an obvious case of media bias?

2 comments:

  1. No. Obviously Bret Baier is biased. I have noticed it more and more with him and a few other anchors on Fox. I hardly watch Fox anymore because of it. Unless Ron Paul is on the ticket, I doubt they'll acknowledge him. Even if he gets on they ticket they'll probably say, "President Obama for the Democrats (or who ever) and...That Other Guy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way. He gave you the most benign and non-thought-provoking response he could because he knows his coverage of Ron Paul sucks. The GOP has an establishment whether they want to admit it or not...and Congressman Paul rocks that boat too much and Republicans don't like it.

    It was recently explained to me that much of the world can be explained with the 80/20 rule. I don't like it, but it makes sense. 80 percent of people will do what 20 percent of the people tell them to do. Just in the GOP, there is a 20 percent minority that controls, largely, the 80 percent majority. A large portion of that 20 percent have personal interest in the candidacy for the GOP and would not want a true free market capitalist in control of the party because they would lose their influence.

    FoxNews knows who writes their paychecks.

    ReplyDelete